vrijdag 20 april 2012

First pics

Welcome,

here are the first pics of my model railroad.

The D&H SW RR is a free lance H0 model RR, featuring local ore mining and ore haulage over the steel roads in the Southwestern area of the USA Az, around 1940-1960. The RR is heavily inspired by John Olsons Jerome & Southwesterm RR as published long time ago in the Model Railroader Magazine in 1982. I was 13 yrs old when I build the J&S for the first time.

More than a year ago, I started again on a J&S-like plan to experience the hobby again after all those years. The layout of today is more or less a mirrored version of the original rail plan. I started this layout June 2010 after the hobby got my attention again due to a friend of the family who gave me a digital control set and a decoder to build into my old Athearn switchers, which I still have from 1982.

I thought that with some second hand switches and rail from ebay I could give it a try and started with cheap benchwork to lay the rails on. After a few weeks I comletely absorbed by the hobby and now I'm building the J&S my own way, gaining experience with techniques which I will use and aplly on the next MRR I'm already planning.

The blog shows progress of the work on the D&H SW RR and interesting links to other sources on the net.

Enjoy,

1 opmerking: